Friday, January 13, 2012

Short story essay


IT'S A GIRL! 

“It’s a girl!”The doctor had told Savannah. Savannah was thrilled; she always wanted a baby girl because she knew that if she had a baby girl that little girl would be her little angel. She was excited because she could dress the little girl in the cutest outfits, when her little angel is born. When Savannah was little she would always say to her mom “I want a baby girl when I’m older just like you mommy.”Savannah couldn’t wait to tell her husband what the gender of the baby was. Her husband was a marine, he was stationed in Afghanistan and the only way she could tell him was by letter.

Savannah was driving home from the doctors and couldn’t wait to tell her mom the gender of the baby. Savannahs mom has been by Savannah’s side ever sense she was blessed with having a baby because, Derek was in the marine’s. Derek is her husband of five years. She drove to her mother’s house to tell her that the baby is a girl. She opened the door Savannah’s mother was standing in the kitchen. “Hello dear how are you” her mother said. “I am good I was just at the doctors so I thought I would stop by to say hello.” “Did the doctors tell you what the baby is going to be?” “It’s a girl!” “That is fantastic you must be so thrilled." Savannah had stayed at her moms and just talked to her about what the baby needed when she is born, outfits that the little girl could wear, how big she is going to be, and the name of the girl, and her middle name. Eventually it was becoming dark so Savannah was becoming tired and was ready to go home. She left her mother’s house and headed home to her nice home.
Savannah finally got home and she was exhausted. She decided to just go to sleep and just write a letter to Derek tomorrow. Savannah couldn’t sleep because the baby kept kicking her so she was in pain. She never experienced the baby’s kicks before, they were so powerful. She thought to herself how can a little thing have a kick so powerful to cause this much pain? She got up and decided to just sit in a chair and rub her baby and maybe she would stop kicking. It was around two in the morning when she finally went back into bed; the baby had finally relaxed and stopped kicking her. Savannah had awakened around ten in the morning. She was reading the news paper and having some yogurt. She had almost forgotten to write Derek a letter; she then grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and began writing.
She had begun to write the letter.

Dear Derek,
I have good news to tell you I hope you’re as excited as I am about it! I went to the doctors and they told me the gender of the baby! It’s a girl Derek! It is what we both wanted it to be I am so excited to see what she is going to look like! I know you and I both want you home for this journey but i'm doing okay. My mom has been by my side while you have been gone and she is helping me a lot. Even though you’re not here with me I pretend you are. I have been thinking about names for our little angel and I want you to help me choose a name because I want both of us to make the decision. I have a couple of names in mind I thought about her name being, Raegen Alexandria Montag or maybe even Gracie Alexandria Montag. I really hope you like one of those names because I’m stuck between the two and I need your help with that. I love you very much and I hope your safe, and please come home safely!
Love, Savannah   
A couple of days had gone by ever sense Savannah had written the letter to Derek. While Savannah was working, she was anxious to go home to see if Derek had written back to her because, she wanted to know the name that Derek had wanted the name of the baby to be. What Savannah didn’t know was that, Derek told her when he left for Afghanistan he would be there a whole year but really he was only going to be at war for another three months. Derek just wants to surprise her when he gets home from war. It was finally the end of the work day for Savannah; she got into her car and drove home to see if Derek had written a letter back to her. Savannah looked through her mail and there it was a letter from Derek.
The letter from Derek had said,
Dear Savannah,
I am more than glad to know that our baby is going to be a girl! I miss you so much Savannah I can’t wait to see you when I get back. When I get back we can raise our little angel and she will be perfect. I like the name Gracie Alexandria Montag, that name will fit her very well. I am glad to hear you are doing well without me by your side even though I would love to be by your side for this. Only a couple more months, until I see you and that beautiful baby girl of our, I have a feeling she is going to look just like you. I love you Savannah and I miss you and I will be home soon.
Love, Derek.
Savannah was 8 months pregnant now; she is due in less than two weeks. Savannah’s mother was sleeping at Savannah’s house for the past couple of days because she wants to keep an eye on Savannah because she is due to have the baby very soon. Derek was coming home from war in two days but, neither Savannah nor her mother knows that.
Savannah had heard a knock on the door. She had no clue who was at the door because her mother was over and she was in the shower. She walked towards the door to open it. There stood Derek, she began to cry tears of joy because she was so happy he was home to see the birth of their child. She gave him a huge hug because she was over filled with joy. Savannah’s mother had come out of the shower wondering who was at the door; she walked into the kitchen and saw her daughter and Derek. “Your home Derek!” “I know it’s nice to see you Meredith.” Meredith gave him a hug and a kiss she was over joyed to know he was going to be there for Savannah when she has the baby.
Savannah was ready to have the baby. her and Derek had rushed to the hospital so she could go into labor. It was most likely less than twenty-four hours until she was going to have her little girl in her life. She was excited and couldn't wait to see her little baby girl. Twenty- three hours it took until she had the baby. The baby was nine pounds and three ounces.

2 comments:

  1. What I would like everyone to know is how hard it must be for military wives not having their husbands around to help them with struggles like this. My story was rather hard to write because I did not know what I wanted my conflict to be and I didn't know how descriptive I wanted the essay to be. My setting was rather easy because it was just a small town. I would like any kind of feed back to make my story better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The conflict of this story was having to deal with the fact that her husband was fighting in Iraq and having to deal with the pain.
    This change is important in the story because her husband comes to visit before their child is born.
    My favorite part of this story was when they both picked the name out for the baby.
    the best quality would have to be the story's theme and how its made.
    the story's theme is very emotional to the mom she misses him so much
    I think you should add her feelings and her thoughts to the story i loved your story

    ReplyDelete